Read Across America Week was March 2-6, 2020 and our students enjoyed all the activities teachers planned to celebrate.
Read Across America Week promotes reading, particularly for children and young adults. Many schools, libraries, and community centers across the United States participate in the day by bringing people together to take part in reading books.
You might have heard your student talking about the daily events going on at school to celebrate. They were:
- Mixed Up Monday: Wear your shirt inside out or backwards.
- Truffula Tuesday: Wear a mustache (like the LORAX!)
- Wacky Socks Wednesday: Wear a pair of WACKY socks.
- Thing 2 Thursday: Decorate your hair in a crazy way, like Thing 1 and Thing 2.
- Friday: Oh the Places You’ll Go! Wear a shirt for your favorite college or profession.